Karen’s practice focuses on Civil Litigation (Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Whistleblower Actions) and Employment Law
- Civil Litigation and Employment Law
- Admitted to practice, New York (1994)
- United States District Court, Western District of New York (1994)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (1996)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (2003)
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals (2009)
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D. (1993)
- Wellesley College, MA, B.A. (1988)
- Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Harris, Chesworth, Johnstone & Welch, LLP (2015-Present)
- Harris, Chesworth, O’Brien, Johnstone & Welch, LLP (2004-2015)
- Alexander & Catalano, LLC. (2006-2008)
- Cegelski Legal Associates, PPLC (1996-2006)
- Dolin & Associates, P.C. (1995-1996)
- Marianetti & Kantor (1993-1995)
- Law Office of Emmelyn Logan-Baldwin, Esq., Law Clerk (1991-1993)
- Special Olympics Volunteer
Karen R. Sanders was admitted to the bar in New York State in 1994. She is admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Western and Northern Districts of New York, the Bankruptcy Court in the Western District of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Ms. Sanders graduated from Wellesley College in 1988 and from Buffalo Law School in 1993. She is a member of the Monroe County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association. She is also involved in charitable organizations, including the Special Olympics.
Ms. Sanders joined the firm of Harris, Chesworth, O’Brien, Johnstone & Welch, LLP in 2011. Her practice is concentrated in litigation, civil rights, labor law, employment discrimination, and qui tam (whistle blower) actions.